Your smile affects your self-image and can greatly influence the quality of your interactions with others. Many people refrain from laughing or smiling because they are uncomfortable with their smile. The following questions are designed to honestly appraise your smile. While looking in a mirror, smile as wide as you can, and ask yourself the following questions:
- Are any of your teeth yellow, stained or somewhat discolored?
- Would you like your teeth to be whiter?
- Do you have any gaps or spaces between your teeth?
- Are any of your teeth rotated (turned), crooked or uneven?
- Are you missing any teeth?
- Do any of your teeth appear too small, short, large or long?
- Are the edges of any teeth worn down, chipped or uneven?
- Do you have any dental work which appears unnatural?
- Do you have any crowns or bridges that appear dark at the gumline?
- Do you have any gray, black or silver fillings in your teeth?
- Do you have a “gummy” smile (show too much gum when you smile)?
- Are your gums red, sore, puffy, bleed easily, or are receding?
- Does the appearance of your smile inhibit you from laughing or smiling?
- When being photographed do you smile with your lips closed?
- Are you self-conscious about your teeth or smile?
- Would you like to change anything about the appearance of your teeth or smile?
If you answered YES to ANY of the questions above, there are often many alternatives to improve your teeth and smile. Dr. Johnson would be happy to discuss your concerns and provide you with options to obtain that Smile you always wanted. Contact us to reach our office and begin your journey to a beautiful and healthy Smile.